View Single Post
Old 5th June 2017, 01:42 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
i might need my eyes testing but i didn't seem any different from the other releases, but its been some time since i saw it and the the other two veriosn might have better picture quality
Arrows Phenomena is a step up from Synapses. It doesn't look as 'cold' or 'washed out' for want of a better term. Arrows previous release and Synapses come from the same master I believe and Arrows new one is a Fresh scan that sems to have been done 'in house'. Its why I'm pleased Arrow are not bunging out Italian titles willy nilly these days. Theres still enough problems with Italian titles that they seem to need a bit of extra TLC.

Orpheus

just one yesterday. This from Jean Cocteau who made the greatest screen verison of Beuty and the beast (don't kill me Disney fans! ). Here he takes the classic myth of Orpheus in the underworld and transposes it to modern day France as a Poet finds himself straying into the underworld and catching the eye of death. Then having to venture into the underworld to rescue his wife. Its pure visual poetry that has to have influenced directors like David Lynch given some of its imagery and tricks. It also has a strange, somewhat pessimistic and autobiographical tone to it. Criterions Blu-ray is absolutely loaded and worth picking up.