View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 12:19 AM
Cult Addict

JFK. 1991. Oliver Stone.

Not sure what to say about this one really. Its long? I'm not really up on the subject matter and I'm not sure this film helps as far as i can tell a lot of it is Stones version of events. Basically following the assassination of 35th President of the United States John F.Kennedy, New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison becomes convinced that there is more to the assassination than the official story is revealing. As a piece of entertainment its not half bad. I felt it would actually work extremely well had it been entirely fictional, as it is it feels like Stone has made a documentary based upon his ideas and beliefs, which while not necessarily untrue are hardly substantiated fact. Kevin Costner as Garrison is superb. Personally i think the sometimes great Tommy Lee Jones is woefully miscast as New Orleans businessman Clay Shaw and Joe Pesci apart from looking preposterous just seems to play Joe Pesci. A sweary shouty obnoxious little man. Works in Goodfellas, grates like hell here. So all in all worth a watch provided you have Peter Jackson worthy levels of free time spare.