View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 12:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
You could argue it, but the facts speak otherwise. Arrow released Silent Night, Deadly Night in 2009, so they were fishing in the slasher pond before 88 Films had even burst onto the scene. And they continued to do so, browsing their release list on Wikipedia, there's been a slasher, or film with slasher hallmarks near enough every year since. The first slasher I can find from 88 Films was in 2012 and seems to have been by virtue of being through their Full Moon deal, the first slasher they went after outside of their Full Moon remit is much later.

Not that it's a competition, we don't really need to hear ad nauseam how few people work behind the scenes at 88 Films, nor how many at Arrow.

From what I gather Arrow's interests in Blood Harvest aren't really related to it being a slasher anyway, it was pegged for an American Horror Project set, wasn't it? Surely from the reaction here to its reveal, it would fit that bill of lesser-known US genre cinema languishing in obscurity. But of course none of this fits your rhetoric.
Silent Night, Deadly Night? The one I told them to purchase aye? Any of these old slashers you see from Arrow are almost entirely my suggestions. My rhetoric is based on working with both companies. I can back up everything I say.