View Single Post
Old 9th June 2017, 09:09 AM
Cult Addict

Mutant

A film i've seen numerous times, purely on the basis that you can throw a rock at a car boot sale or in a charity shop and guarantee to hit a copy. I tried Code reds blu-ray as its 4k but the improved quality affects it none.
I really enjoy this film. It has wings hauser in it which means it should be awful but even his deranged beaver face cannot diminsh what is essentially a great little monster picture with some decent effects work. It also helps the sheriff is played by the always good Bo Hopkins.
The film has two brothers on a roasd trip get stuck in some obsucre southern town after a group of Yahoos run them off the road. Things get worse as the strangely desolate town seems to be plagued by a rash of mysterious illnesses. Pretty soon bodies begin dropping everywhere and after his little brother goes missing Hausers character must work with the sherriff to figure out whats going on.
The films directed by John 'bud' Cardos who is talented enough to make things work. The film is competently shot and edited with some great location work. I also really like the design of the mutants which while dipping its toes in the Zombie genre has enough different to be interesting. For people on a budget the DVD releases can be had cheaply.