View Single Post
Old 11th June 2017, 05:29 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
m
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (2016)
As with the first film i haven't read any of Lee Childs Jack Reacher stories so neither know nor care if Tom Cruise is the epitome of Reacher. What i do know is just like the 2012 film Jack Reacher: Never Go Back is a rollicking action thriller with breathless set pieces and in my opinion a terrific lead star. Not many people make films like this anymore so i for one am grateful to the likes of Cruise and Vin Diesel for still producing escapist action movies.

Clown (2014)

An interesting idea - a clown costume is actually the skin of an ancient demon and becomes part of it's wearer as he slowly takes the shape of the demon once more - it has echoes of Krampus and is only partially successful. More character study than horror film which is a pity as it could have been an outstanding slasher film. The clown costume and make up as our poor clown unravels is very good but in truth this isn't a patch on Ross Noble's Stitches (2012) in the clown horror movie stakes touch)
Thought you'd enjoy Reacher, seems a no brainer if you liked the first.
Surprised on Clown though Dem. I'll have to try Stitches again, i turned it off after ten mins as it seemed slightly very shit.