View Single Post
Old 15th June 2017, 12:35 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I went to see Hans Zimmer again last night well it was for my girlfriend as i was not overly keen after the last time. Let me start by saying i find it amazing that so many people are one a stage and every single person is on the same page and the performance is 100% flawless it really is amazing.

The first half of the show is not my cup of tea The Lion King Da Vinci Code Angels and Demons films i have never seen but didnt do much for me. The second half of the show is fantastic Dark Knight Trilogy , Man of Steel , Interstellar and Inception especially Time a truly beautiful breathtaking piece of music.

I can't fault the performance as it was flawless like i said but my problem is this is the second time in a year that Hans Zimmer has come to Dublin and played the exact same show every song in the same order which is disappointing i know putting a show like this together take a lot of work but it was the inbetween the songs that was what got on my tits. Everything he said was word for word the same as last year and i mean word for word. Yes he is putting on a performance but if you insist on speaking to the audience i would rather the performer came across more genuine and not just going through the motions if you ask me personally i rather no crowd interaction because nothing annoys me for that hearing the same bullshit of how much a band or artist lies to you about how amazing your city is and that your their favourite crowd ever.

Give me a down and dirty metal or punk band in a small club any day its honest and it's genuine and that all i want from my music. Last night felt too fake and lazy and really took away from the performance may sound like an asshole thing to say but hey i have been called worse