View Single Post
Old 18th June 2017, 10:57 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Saw The Eaters of Light last night. Oh dear, is all I can say. I wasn't expecting Rona Munro to be able to get anything anywhere near as good as Survival out under the current regime, but I wasn't expecting it to be that bad either. There was a reasonable enough idea in there somewhere, but it was woefully underdeveloped and simultaneously very slow and rushed at the same time, coming across as very boring. The guest characters were typically non-existent, and of the regulars Matt Lucas is now the only one with any kind of personality. That little "it's called charm" aside only shores up how wrong it is for the weirdo alien companion to have more of it than the leading man. And what the blooming hell was that crap with talking crows? Most embarrassingly stupid thing since the moon being an egg and those forest fairies in series 8. Does anyone remember this show is supposed to be science fiction anymore? Woeful. And now we have a Missy-centric Moffat finale to look forward to! Oh joy...
Totally agree...mostly.

Matt Lucas is far better than Pearl Mackie could ever dream of being. He manages to seem more well rounded with the minimal dialogue he gets.

My only disagreement with you is Missy. I do like her.