Thread: Universal
View Single Post
Old 19th June 2017, 08:49 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I picked up the new dvd of The Mummy (1932) this week from HMV in their two for £10 offer.

Although i already own the film and it's many sequels this one intrigued me thanks to it having a bonus disc.

My current copy (which includes The Creature from the Black Lagoon) features a commentary and a 30 minute documentary - Mummy Dearest.

This new release adds He Who Made Monsters: The Life and Art of Jack Pierce - a half hour documentary, an 8 minute Legacy of the Mummy feature and a 90 minute Universal Horror documentary charting the history of the Universal Monsters.

The release, at least on dvd, sports a lovely thick card slip case (or are they called O-cards) with a gorgeous papyrus like texture, or in laymans terms - not glossy. There is a sticker on the slipcase but it will come off.

Even if you have The Mummy on dvd or bluray i think it's worth buying it again for the Universal documentary and slipcase.
Have you watched the doc yet Dem? If it's any good I'll probably pick up the DVD as it's currently 2 for £10 (i'm sure I can find another DVD to pair up with it).

I'm looking forward to the Legacy sets coming down in price a bit, the 'Monsters' set can be had for £14 at the moment so fingers crossed.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky