View Single Post
Old 5th July 2017, 02:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm watching on a calibrated OLED TV, which can be very unforgiving when it comes to this problem.

Though check out the screens in this review:
Doctor Butcher, M.D. / Zombie Holocaust

About the 88 transfer:
"The end result turned out to be something of a mixed bag, offering a notable increase in detail but featuring color timing that veers on the extremely yellow side for most of the running time; that means the skin tones have a heavy gold cast, and the color blue is almost entirely wiped out in outdoor scenes (with the day-for-night tinting in the climax also tossed aside).

About the Severin transfer:
"but the big news here is the transfer itself, the healthiest the film has ever looked on home video. All the original film grain is kept intact (which isn't necessarily a pretty thing during that harsh, nasty-looking New York footage), and the color timing is far more natural and impressive with normal skin tones, blue skies, and blood that's now the correct shade of red."

I'm going to buy the new Anthro disc, since they actually seems to have done some proper work on it.
But when it comes to the rest of the future Italian releases, I will wait for the reviews. If it's another green/yellow tinted transfer, I will wait and see what the other labels might do with it first.

End of rant!