View Single Post
Old 6th July 2017, 09:41 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Blondie are playing at Manchester Apollo on 11th November, tickets on sale tomorrow. They're £50... why have gigs gotten to be so expensive. Maiden was £60 but the staging and sets were epic, they have to pay for that somehow. I know for a fact that Blondie is going to be just 5 people on a stage, I think they have a video wall behind them - minimal staging...

This kind of thing puts me off going to shows now, Alice Cooper was only £40 and we all know the effort that goes into his shows.
It is ridiculous, i agree.

You always know the likes of Maiden, Rammstein, Alice, Manson, Zombie and especially Kiss (Despite Gene being such a money maker they spend a hell of a lot on the show) will always put on a great evenings entertainment for you.

Debbie Harry was i think the worst gig i've ever seen. It was like she didn't want to be there. Played obscure stuff and none of her hits, anything from Blondie was out of the question as well. By the half way stage the entire Manchester Apollo was booing her between songs.

One of the most memorable gigs i went to was Nickleback, yes Nickleback. Their pyro displays during each song were absolutely fantastic.