View Single Post
Old 6th July 2017, 01:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
That must be in person at the box office

They're playing the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham on 13th November, and tickets are noted as being £57:40 and £68:70 (but this includes a 'booking fee)

The most annoying place I know of, is the Theatre Royal in Nottingham, who have the audacity to add "£2 for online bookings or £3 for phone & counter"

I don't understand why I have to pay an extra £3:00 for walking to the venue, purchasing at point of sale and then leaving. It's not like they have to waste their time answering the phone (*cough partofthejob) or accessing the internet (*cough partofthejob) or even going to the post office to buy an envelope and a stamp!
It costs more money to hire multiple staff to man a box office where as it only takes one person to look after the website.

I'm a systems administrator for a theatre box office so I know what I'm talking about, unfortunately... Their tactic, which is actually frowned upon is to direct people to purchase online. We currently sell 40-45% of our tickets online which believe it or not is actually a high percentage in the industry!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky