View Single Post
Old 16th July 2017, 04:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen her in much at all - Black Sea and Cranford basically. I can't remember her in Attack the Block.

She'll have signed up for three years no doubt so it's a big commitment and a grueling schedule.

I actually can't wait to see her first episode.
I forgot to mention Attack the Block – she played the protagonist, who I think was a nurse, who was mugged by the teenagers she ends up depending on for protection from the alien invaders. One of those teenagers was John Boyega who has since shot to fame as Finn in the most recent Star Wars movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I am not happy with this move, it is just reeking too much of that PC gender equality dung that feminists put upon us and made things rather harder for women than better - but I will still try if it works, but with high doubts...
I don't see that. Although, as I said, I don't watch the show, a female Time Lord has been on the cards for a long time. Numerous names have been mentioned, particularly Tilda Swinton, and Jodie Whittaker arguably has more of an acting pedigree than Jon Pertwee, Peter Davison or Sylvester McCoy when they were given the gig.