View Single Post
Old 17th July 2017, 11:40 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I just hope Chris Chibnall writes the series better than Moffat and his clunky crew.

Russell T Davies gave the show some witty dialogue. Aside from the odd smutty line his political correctness was in saying that every planet has a north. He introduced the bi-sexual Captain Jack to the series, a brilliant character who's flirty delivery was tongue in cheek and not in the least bit PC, yet also realistic and became a firm favourite with the shows fans.

Whereas Steven Moffat rammed everything down our throats from gay Silurians (We're married you know), the Doctor having a wife - Riversong - to Capaldi lecturing us on sexual politics.

Why is this? Davies is gay but Moffat isn't. Surely it should have been the other way round. Except Moffat forced his ideas onto an audience whereas Davies let people make up their own minds with brilliant, action packed, event television.

People say the show has now died with a female Doctor. No, it started to die once a politically correct straight man was in charge of the show.

I hope Jodie Whitaker saves the show from what it became.

With the change of Dr and writers I am going to start watching again as I gave up half way through about 2 series ago. It was just terrible. My kids stopped watching it too and they will watch anything...and we are fans of Whittaker from Attack the Block and St Trinian's.