View Single Post
Old 20th July 2017, 09:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched the director's cut of Clive Barker's Nightbreed. A hugely ambitious fantasy film created using inventive pre-cgi techniques, and with a Danny Elfman score. The director's cut lasts 2 hours - about 20 mins longer than theatrical but there are actually 40 mins worth of changes including a completely different finale. This cut is a significant improvement over theatrical imo although I do like both versions. Film score - 8/10.

The Cabal cut has recently been announced for blu-ray release - please correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that this version will run 35 mins longer than the director's cut. Unlike some other members, I haven't seen it so am unsure as to how much value that extra footage will add to the film. Some of that additional Cabal footage comes from VHS source so it will look pretty rough at times.

I watched a Spanish bootleg of Nightbreed by infamous pirate firm, Resen. Is actually a straight clone of the region locked US release as regards PQ and English AQ (which is very decent). Is also a pressed disc so is indiscernible from an official copyrighted blu-ray. Link for ordering in case anyone is after a full-hd director's cut region friendly version of Nightbreed:

https://www.amazon.es/Razas-Noche-Ed...razas+de+noche