View Single Post
Old 27th July 2017, 10:38 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'm a mere four episodes into Department S (1969/70).

A cracking series about three agents of Interpol's classified but fictitious Department S which handles cases too weird for the regular guys. It's a brilliantly pacy series of stand alone stories starring Rosemary Nicols, Joel Fabiani and Peter Wyngarde as the marvelously moustached Jason King.

Whilst everyone makes a decent stab at it, Department S is definitely Wingarde's show, his general airs and graces are so obviously an influence on Austin Powers even though he seems to be playing it straight, or as straight as Wyngarde could play it.

As of the first four episodes the series is edging towards crime but with the fourth episode fantasy elements are beginning to take a hold which guarantees each episode will be something out of the ordinary.

For those interested the Network dvd set looks great, the picture is sharp and colours are crisp. The new bluray sets should look terrific.

I know after just the four stories this will be a hit with me and look forward to buying follow up series Jason King in the next Network sale.

I've just been perusing some of the episode listings for this over on Networks site. Sounds very very interesting Dem.