View Single Post
Old 31st July 2017, 01:04 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Yeah, it's a film I'd want around - or at least I think so now, as, since 'rediscovering' it the other day, I'd forgotten pretty much everything about it, including the full-on gore that you point out. It's still fairly available, I think, and there's a cheap UK disc that looks pretty good. I can't believe I was scampering around the internet looking for a Blu-ray, really got to stop that kind of shit.

Oh yeah, I forgot we share an appreciation of 'Flesh For The Beast'! I only have the one version, though. Might have to dig it out, now you've reminded me... makes me nostalgic for the time when loads of that kind of stuff seemed to be coming out. Maybe I'm out of touch or something, but I never really seem to find that sort of thing these days. Feel like I'm falling back on old stuff (hence my last review, and the several before that).
It does seem like films of that ilk are few and far between. Back in the day i used to buy a bit of tat based purely on what i thought was an interesting or schlocky premise or in some cases, a decent cover. Now i still see this sort of stuff...then notice it has one star on Amazon and a load of scathing reviews from people who watched it on Primetv and get put off a purchase.

I should trust my gut feeling more.