View Single Post
Old 17th August 2017, 01:10 AM
Cult Addict

Mad Foxes
f8dc93d147a9fa3504caf69decb48510.jpg

Um...right,O.K what did i just watch.
I've heard others say this is BBFC baiting stuff and it is, in a way, but i think in these enlightened times it would probably get through almost uncut.
The most problematic part is the first rape scene which although unpleasant isn't prolonged.
The rest of the film is just pure concentrated exploitation trash, with sub par clockwork orange nazi gang creeps who like to kill for kicks and a self obsessed idiot 'hero' who is the 70's macho guy personified.

Reading the above synopsis you might come to the conclusion i didn't enjoy the film, but it's just so much of a schlock overdrive that it was incredibly entertaining and irresistible to a cheesy film aficionado.
The lead is such a prick, not really giving much of a shit as his friends get raped and killed, so much so that he seems to happily endanger anyone he meets.

The nazi scum are often laughably inept, often coming across as a hybrid between A-team bad guys and the biker gang from those Eastwood monkey films.
There's also a weird vibe going on where they find it perfectly acceptable to prance around naked and slap each others arses at the drop of a hat because that's what macho nazi freaks do.

But like i said this is pure exploitation, so we get multiple murders, car and bike chases,rape and gratuitous nudity,castration,explosions and even a side helping of kung fu.(topped off with some of the most inept dialogue and appalling dubbing i've ever seen.)
There's also a kinetic energy vibe going on where it's just one mental scene after another without pause.
Great stuff that i found thoroughly entertaining.
The only thing missing was any kind of tension or suspense, oh well can't have everything i guess.
8/10 recommended.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.