View Single Post
Old 17th August 2017, 09:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Maybe both. Maybe neither. Maybe I 'evolved'

I remember a time in the mid 80's, when I had been on a big record buying spree, and I was sitting my my bedroom, going thru my haul, which included albums and CD's by the like of Bathory, Kreator, Napalm Death, Possessed etc. I clearly remember saying to one of my chums 'this stuff is great, but I can't really see myself listening to it when I am 21'

Over the next few years, I found that the extreme bands I had been worshiping were being replaced by the bands I had previously been dismissing as 'not to my taste' - AC/DC, Zeppelin, Yes, ZZTop etc

I had been thru my phase of listening to bands that were simplistic, raw and noisy but now I prefer to listen to rock bands that are more complex and thoughtful

Don't get me wrong - I still occasionally dip into the world of 80's thrash on YouTube, and sometimes think 'that wasn't too bad', but on the whole, I have moved away from those times
i know a few people who went through the same thing in that respect, however one of them was the complete reverse - he was a huge indie and classic rock fan and now he's a metalhead