View Single Post
Old 1st September 2017, 04:22 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Hellraiser: Hellworld (2005)

Gamers playing an internet role playing game based on the Hellraiser franchise find their lives endangered after being invited to a rave, the host of which intends to show them the truth behind the Cenobite mythos.

The eighth and final film in the Hellraiser franchise starring the excellent Doug Bradley as the ultra-cool Pinhead, leader of a Cenobite legion shat out of the depths of hell.

Many see this as the nadir of all things Hellraiser but i don't dislike it like most do. In fact i rather enjoy it. Last night was my latest viewing of it and whilst it is probably the weakest entry it's still more than watchable. Director Rick Bota came in for a lot of stick for the film but credit where it's due at least they tried something different as they have been doing from the fourth film onwards.

Certainly the Cenobites are on the periphery and many of the gory kills in the film don't involve them, but lead actor Lance Henriksen as the deadly host of the Hellworld party is always worth watching and holds the attention throughout. Movie fans will also note that the films two other leads Katheryn Winnick and Henry Cavill have gone onto build fine careers in the Emmy award winning Vikings and in Cavill's case playing Superman in the DC Universe.

At no point would i ever suggest the film isn't flawed because it is. Much of the hows and whys of the Hellworld party don't bare thinking about. Maybe it's because the aforementioned stars can clearly act and hold together a clunky but pacy script, i really don't know, yet i always enjoy the film and as far as straight to dvd films go, then this really ain't too bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hellraiser-hellworld-movie-poster-2005-1020350711.jpg (65.2 KB, 3 views)