View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2017, 01:11 PM
Cult Master

Talking about Alice and Fangoria, in the December 1987 issue, John Carpenter talks about the casting in 'Prince Of Darkness':

"Alice plays a crazed, psychotic street person. We ended up together at Wrestlemania III in Detroit this year. He was part of the match between Jake 'The Snake' Roberts and The Honkytonk Man. I was there as a loyal wrestling fan, which I've been for many years. One of my business partners, [co-executive producer] Shep Gordon, is Alice's manager, so I was able to get backstage passes. I hung out with Alice and the wrestlers. It was truly one of the greatest experiences of my life. There was a big party afterwards, and we chatted and became friends. I had thought of Alice as being an outrageous heavy metal rock star, but he's really a normal, wonderful person. He's such a great guy that I decided to cast him."

Off topic, but Carpenter made 'They Live' the following year, which starred 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper. Presumably it was at this Wrestlemania event where they first met

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty