View Single Post
Old 4th October 2017, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

#3 Dracula's Daughter

I liked this one, but felt like a bit of a cheat for Halloween because it didn't really seem like a horror film apart from that it was a sequel to Dracula. In fact, this starts off with 2 inept bobbies finding the body of Renfield and a pretty upset Van Helsing admitting to driving a stake through the heart of Count Dracula, although it's not murder because you can't kill a man who has been dead for 500 years, der der duuuh!...

The rest was all very dramatic when a mysterious Hungarian lady moves in to polite society circles with an aversion to mirrors... dead giveaway if you ask me... she starts flirting with everyone's boyfriends I noticed how she never blinked at all when she was talking, she has a magic ring with the power to hypnotise too!

It seems to have the same issue as The Bride of Frankenstein, where it's all context and drama for an hour, then everything all comes to a head in the last 10 minutes then it ends!

Do you think audiences in 1936 never saw it coming that the lead character, Countess Marya Zaleska, was in fact Dracula's Daughter (the title of the film) when she revealed it right at the end

Triumphant sight on a northern sky