View Single Post
Old 12th October 2017, 04:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
PH/I have indicated a delay in the second Hammer boxset due to them deciding to source original UK prints
The specific reason for the delay was that volume one turned out to be a much more involved process than we'd anticipated. The first two Indicator box sets, Sinbad and Harryhausen volume one, were both three-disc affairs where at least half the extras came off the shelf courtesy of Sony so those at least needed comparatively little effort at our end - and Harryhausen volume two is even more straightforward because we can't do anything to Jason and the Argonauts as per Powerhouse's arrangement with Sony.

By contrast, the first Hammer box was a four-disc effort where we had to create or commission all the extras from scratch bar the trailers, so the workload was exponentially greater. I'm really really happy with how all four discs turned out (none of them was compromised in any way, which given how tight things got towards the end is a small miracle in itself), but it was clear even before they were ready for QC that there was no way we'd be able to get volume 2 out before Christmas without cutting some serious corners, and nobody wanted that.

Talking of which, I very much hope that we will be able to include material unique to the original British releases of some of the films in volume two, just as we were able to restore the original animated title of Fanatic in volume one, but I absolutely can't make any promises at this stage. But if it doesn't happen, you can at least rest assured that we tried.