View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2017, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

A quick catch up of my last few days, managed to actually watch some films!

Jeepers Creepers (2001)

Not one I've seen for a long time, I went to the cinema to watch it, there was a fire alarm during the film and we had to go outside - THAT's what I remembered of this film which should have been a warning. OK, but forgettable teen horror, starts strong and quickly descends into boring film. I recently read a review reading the film as an allegory for the main characters fears that he may be gay. Seriously, that's quite a reach

June (2015)

A poundland special, perfectly watchable story of a young girl who was part of a (satanic??) ritual as a baby and now has telekinetic powers. Highlight was Casper van Dien as a total DILF, that beard MMMmmm. Decent enough story and some good low budget special effects but outside of the main 3 or 4 actors the rest of the acting was woeful!

The Babysitter (2017)

Dorky pre-teen boy stays up late to see what his babysitter gets up to while he's asleep, it turns out she's a satanist who uses the blood of innocents in her rituals to be popular and confident! It's full to the brim of tropes but in the right way. A riotously fun Horror Comedy with loads of blood, some titillation involving boys and girls and a great story. The kid actor is really good as well and held his own with the grown ups being in every scene!

Trick 'r Treat (2007)

A modern portmanteau type (kind of) horror film set during Halloween. I think we've all seen this one and it's definitely really fun. It has a few low points here and there but overall it's good fun. My only quibble was when Sam's burlap sack mask was torn off to reveal that he's actually a *spoiler* pumpkin. He was far creepier when you thought he was just some insane kid.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky