View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2017, 06:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Rezort (2015)

The British zombie movie is alive and kicking thanks to this Steve Barker of Outpost (2008) fame.

Barker's film isn't exactly original as it borrows heavily from Jurassic Park and adds zombies. A hell of a lot of zombies. This could easily be seen as a sequel to Romero's original Dead trilogy.

After a long war between humans and zombies in which the humans win, the zombies are all carted off to a secure island where they are hunted for sport. The first half hour explains the hows and whys and shows us INGEN style why the island compounds are impenetrable and perfectly safe for our holidaying hunters, except of course things go wrong and we watch as one hunting party led by Dougray Scott and Arrow's Jessica De Gouw attempt to flee the island before the authorities fire bomb it.

I have to admit that i really enjoyed The Rezort. It has a decent budget and great island locations. The cast are strong (It was nice to see the lovely Claire Goose on screen again) and the hunting party are all characters worth rooting for, even the at first seemingly annoying gamers who won the experience via an internet shoot em' up aren't as dumb as they first seem but are totally out of their depth when it comes to actually aiming and firing real weapons. Barker keeps the film moving once the initial exposition is over and thrusts us into some interesting 'will they, won't they' scenarios.

The Rezort is the best zombie film i've seen in a few years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-rezort-1-500x760.jpg (79.1 KB, 4 views)