View Single Post
Old 26th October 2017, 07:46 AM
Cult Addict

Bunnyman vengeance

If you told me that there would be three of these films back when the first one appeared on DVD I'd have called bulls*** on that prophecy. However here we are, part 3 of a series of low budget backwoods slasher flicks where the main selling point is that the lead psycho wears a bunny suit. In fairness the films are perfectly watchable, with enough nastiness behind it to appeal to the sort of people (namely me) that would sit through them and actually feel compelled to write about them online.
Part 3 is a lot more of the same. Bunnyman has a new group of like minded friends and they're doing a lot of the same kind of stuff. Abduction, torture, murder, the usual. At this point with the films you might find a bit of Deja vu creeping in. However there's some actual visual inventiveness at play including one point where the film turns into a Die Krupps music video for Machinist of joy! Certainly check it out if you liked the last two.

Red Christmas

Dee wallace plays a woman who must defend her family from the deformed kid she aborted who has grown up raised by pro-lifers.
While the film follows a lot of the tropes of the home invasion horror, this one is well worth watching. From the surreal suspiria-esque colour scheme, Dee Wallaces terrific performance. The Brutal death scenes and the genuinely dark tone to the film that leaves you feeling brutalised as the end credits roll. Its a great sucker punch of a film that deals with a thorny social issue running the film without feeling trite or forced. Definitely seek this one out.