View Single Post
Old 30th October 2017, 10:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

THREADS 1984

*spoiler ahead*

March 1984, two family's The Kemp's and The Becketts, enjoying the Peaceful life in Sheffeild, Ruth Beckett and Jimmy Kemp are two young people in love, share news with their family's unaware bigger things are happening which eacalates to a full Nuclear War.

I saw this movie a few years back, and it kinda freaked me out, after posting a pic of it on here in guess the movie forum i decided to re watch it.

The film is split into two parts, the happy life, the news of pending war, how people take to the news and perperations. The second part is Survival, cannabilsm, famine and birth of children after the fallout.

Threads does really get to you, it is very unsettling and disturbing even at 33 years old, this film is more scarier than any horror. Alot of films from the 80s are very cheesey and poor acting, not in this film, it is like watching how people would cope and survive a apocalyptic world.

This is one of these films that once you start to watch you cant move your eyes from the screen and at the end you are still thinking of this film.