View Single Post
Old 1st November 2017, 08:24 PM
Cult Addict

Satan's little helper.

MV5BNWNhNzcxOGUtNjkyNy00ZTUzLTg3YmQtNmQwNzMyMzZkZWIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0.jpg

I think Dem's banged on about this a few times so i thought i'd give it a shot, even though the cover didn't seem particularly enticing.
We follow a young kid who is obsessed with a handheld game called 'Satan's little helper'.
On Halloween his sister comes home from uni with a new boyfriend much to the kids dismay, storming off in a huff he decided to go and find Satan and become his helper.
Luckily he happens upon a killer in a mask that looks like the devil who is arranging his victims on their porches, thinking it's all a game the kid asks the killer to help and they go on a killing spree across town on Halloween night.

I really enjoyed this and think it will become a regular watch around Halloween.
Obviously quite low budget, at first the fact that Satan is in an obvious mask is a bit underwhelming but as the film goes on this becomes an asset, we know it's just a killer in a mask but the kid is oblivious and when he invites him into his home it get's quite tense.
There are a lot of fun scenes as well as the kid spouts "50 points" for a fresh kill ,and when 'Satan' takes him to the supermarket and gets weapons and candy ,then runs out without paying and proceeds to run into people with the shopping trolley while the kid rides inside cheering.

The kid plays the innocent psycho well and Satan (although mute throughout) is effectively creepy especially when he starts wearing a Jesus costume, leading to the great line, "Satan is Jesus".
The sister is hot although her English wench voice is appalling, and the mum is played by Amanda Plummer who gives a game and entertaining performance, there is also a couple of nice twists near the end.

Really enjoyed this so thoroughly recommended.
8/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.