View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2017, 08:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default BELOW ZERO

BELOW ZERO.
You would of thought this would of been included on the Snow Dvd,as it plays quite a major part in the film,but you will find this on the Saps at Sea Dvd,where the theme is music.(im sure it all makes sense to who ever put these Dvds together). The film see's are duo busking in the snow while singing the musical ditty "In the Good Old Summertime.",much to the irritation of Charlie Hall who's trying to scrape the snow from the front of his shop,and does not take kindly to the boys musical efforts.Thus ensues a snowball fight.Below Zero has like most of there short films a simple premise,where by the boys seem to jump from one scrape to another,in this case they find a wallet full of money and after they get chased by a thug who wants to steal it from them,they are rescued by a cop,unfortunately what they do not realise is that its the cop's wallet they have found.Below Zero has some nice gags,mostly when there having a fight with a woman who smashes up there musical instruments,although the busking outside an institute for the deaf is a bit corny,but does explain the lack of musical appreciation for the boys efforts..If there is one lasting image I remember when I saw this many years ago as a kid,it was the sight of Stan running around like he has a massive balloon up his shirt (which he did),also the concept of someone drinking a whole barrel full of water really freaked me out when I was younger,then again so does a chimp in a tutu and Olly turning into a chimpanzee or them having there limbs being twisted around by a deranged sea captain Walter Long.