View Single Post
Old 11th December 2017, 02:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
This weeks new arrivals.

The first 6 in Asda's 3 for £20, the two Fabulous releases that arrived from Pinewood Studios, a recommendation and a Dickens classic.

That should be it now for this year...unless there are sale bargains.
Is the Mummy any good anyone? I am an expert at keeping away from films and trailers until I see them myself, I don't attend cinema much, although do take my 12 year old lad see each Star Wars film, it is nice they fall at Xmas time.

Tom Cruise has grown on me as I have gotten older, never could stand him when I was a young pup, don't mind him so much now. I want to see the new planet of the apes film, the mummy, kong skull island etc. but never go chasing them as these new blockbusters with all the CGI leave me a bit flat and cold.

My philosophy in life is older films based on solid storylines, original storylines, charismatic actors and actresses are like substantial meals, they leave me full and I remember and reflect on what I have dined on, even years later. I am like this with music, especially rock and metal. The talent is there for all to see and feast on.

Where as pop music and today's so called blockbuster movies are like McDonalds food for example, fill a hole, walk away forgetting what you ate and never reflect later on what you have dined on.

I have learned an awful lot on this site about directors, producers, actors and actresses, films, music that I never would have come across because 90% of it is not mainstream.

I think Cultlabs should be on the Dark Web!

Hence I get on better with people who live on the fringe, outsiders, individuals who dare to be different etc. Herd mentality has sanitised entertainment and if you don't follow the main stream your usually bullied, ostracised, ridiculed etc. I have always dared to be different and love that aspect of myself and reading on this site have seen first hand peoples leanings when it comes to entertainment, and they are very much leftfield, which i love and respect.

Anyway, now I have taken my medication I will get back to the original question......the Mummy..... any good?