View Single Post
Old 17th December 2017, 10:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I can imagine the discussion years from now.
Yeah!

Swings and roundabouts. The usual.

The only beneficial element to all of this is that the original trilogy is where Star Wars started. Hive Jnr will get the full benefit of knowing what REAL quality is all about.

There's no way these new films will be admired and respected in another 20yrs. Judging by some of the views expressed by You Tubers who can just barely remember the prequels, these new films will be forgotten about. I'm only too happy to take the prequels and the original trilogy, so are some of the people we spoke to outside the cinema in Truro who were much, much younger than me. Many of them prefer the original films and prequels to this bland/unoriginal triliogy, and would totally forget the rest, bar Rogue One, which does have issues, but is by far the best Disney/Lucasfilm production developed by the house of mouse. I should of taken a microphone and posted the reaction of people leaving the cinema on here. Those that I spoke to felt somewhat cheated by the film. There was very few that I spoke to that actually liked it.