View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2017, 03:44 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by profondo rosso View Post
Brawl in Cell Block 99

Vince Vaughn as you've not seen him before. I landed on this as just something to watch, did not expect much, more of a spare time filler. Really enjoyed it, very violent and I love a good prison film. Whilst the plot is not Mensa territory it did have a touch of originality about. There are a few actor and actresses who need to break away from picking up easy pay cheques starring in Romcom tosh and walking through roles without being stretched, Jason Bateman is another prime example in Ozark on Netflix (which I would highly recommend) he is fantastic in this. Vince Vaughn, though I am not a big fan of his, will be seen differently by myself after this role.

Some of the violence scenes ( and there are many ) were graphic and bloody great, head stomping, arm snapping and the camera does not shy away.

Vince has to work his way into Prison to kill someone to get himself out of a very sticky situation. How he does this is great, emotionless graphic scenes ensue.

I had not heard much if anything about this film so had no expectations, which is always a good thing. If you like violent / prison movies and you have not seen this give it a spin, well worth your time.

solid 7/10

I'm looking forward to checking this one out as the directors previous film Bone Tomahawk is superb.