View Single Post
Old 26th December 2017, 04:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemind View Post
I would expect a hit piece like that from The Telegraph.

In a clip that will likely provide ammunition to the far-too-emotionally-involved fanboys petitioning to have Star Wars: The Last Jedi erased from existence. The Telegraph

I suggest you look at the fallout on the net, especially YT. I see plenty of people who certainly aren't "fans boys" or girls for that matter totally angered by what they went to see. Star Wars wasn't just a film. The film trilogy changed the landscape of sci-fi film making, and Lucas created a more coherent series of films compaired to the abomination of these Disneyfied films. These new films are cold and have no emotion at all. You don't connect to the characters at all. Obviously the writer of the article likes his Star Wars emotionally cold with plenty of political correctness added in for good measure.

"I said to [director Rian Johnson], 'Jedis don't give up,'" Hamill reveals. "I mean, even if [Luke] had a problem, he would maybe take a year to try and regroup, but if he made a mistake, he would try to right that wrong, so right there, we had a fundamental difference." The Telegraph

There's a fine truth indeed. When I saw Luke Skywalker chuck his lightsabber over his shoulder, that's when I knew the character of Luke wasn't the Luke Skywalker of old. Disney have turned Hamill's iconic Luke into a highly bland and uncaring character. Unable to show emotion or really care about who he is. You cannot relate to Luke on any level. It seems what went before doesn't even compute at all. This is a Disneyfied version of Luke.

Luke's resistance to joining, uh, the Resistance, has been a particular bone of contention for certain Star Wars fans, who have been at the centre of a backlash against the film since its release. The Telegraph

LOL! "certain fans" I've been seeing plenty of supposed fans of these new Disneyfied films who liked The Force Awakens, but have now come to realise they've been taken for a ride. Luke's character was a pivital part to the end of the film. These people expected Luke to play a much bigger role in The Last Jedi, but got shortchanged with this new film.

"It's not my story anymore, it's somebody else's story". The Telegraph

Yeah! That's about right Mark. It's Disney with it's cold, calculating take on the Star Wars universe.

"In this version...see, I'm talking about the George Lucas Star Wars, this is the next generation of Star Wars," he continued. The Telegraph

All I can say to that is....this new generation haven't got a clue what makes a great Star Wars movie great, and that component isn't Disney.

"Listen, I still haven't accepted it completely, but it's only a movie," Hamill said. "I hope people like it. I hope they don't get upset. I came to really believe that Rian was the exact man they needed for this job." The Telegraph

That's right, it's just a movie, no longer the greatest Sci-Fi franchise that changed the course of movie making, and gave Disney it's greatest achievement to date. A Star Wars universe devoid of the world building and uniqueness of Lucas' Star Wars universe.

Poor old Mark certainly wouldn't say it's complete shit, would he Trebor. Especially after taking the Disney buck. But at least he's been slightly open about what he really thinks of this inferior Star Wars trilogy.

May the force be with you Mark.
As much as I don't trust the papers I trust the internet even less , just a breeding ground for people too beat there drum and tell everyone how right they are no matter how little evidence and cherry picking what as been said and ignoring the rest to suit there needs.

Fact a lot more people have be enjoyed it than those who haven't. But who cares as it's only a film.

Will say it again, is bloody movie for more important problems in life than what day of the week Luke farts on and what it smells like.