View Single Post
Old 21st January 2018, 04:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Just curious, is anybody buying these vinyl releases? Don't actually own a record player any more, but still could not afford. The market for obscure horror soundtracks on vinyl has exploded over recent years, lots to choose from because of the various cult labels.
I have noticed a drop in prices on vinyl lately, and my local Oxfam music/movie shop have a much smaller vinyl section than they used to, the fad for records may be receding a bit for your average punter, imagine paying over the odds for a rare release and scratching the bugger by accident, also HMV have some big reductions on turntables at the mo (basic ones not really Hi-Fi but still...) to me CD is just so much easier to deal with that modern vinyl was always kinda a phase til people go back to downloads/streaming/CD for personal music.

(to answer the question, I would much prefer Arrow to put out CD rather than vinyl, I would pick up nicely packaged CD soundtracks long before buying a deck to play records, so no vinyl for me.)