View Single Post
Old 7th February 2018, 10:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Lol! You're lucky, struggling to get my wife to enjoy anything that doesn't have that "tween horror" feel to it (buffy, erm....maze runner, resident evil franchise). Have shown her loads of stuff since we met & she just doesn't like Argento, Fulci, etc. She just compares it all (the dubbing, the sfx etc) to today's crap, so very tough sell. Furthest she'll go back is the 80's with Gremlins, The Thing etc.

I have had a few breakthroughs though, she loved Clockwork Orange, Troll Hunter & amazingly Texas Chainsaw 2! So I'll keep trying, we're currently on xmas horror so might get a few good ones out of this list! We have the following lined up:

Silent Night Deadly Night 1&2
Don't Open Till Christmas
Gremlins
Rare Exports
Christmas Evil

Have already watched:
A Christmas Horror Story (great, way better than it should have been) 4/5
Krampus (sub-Gremlins, still good) 3/5
Silent Night (remake w/Malcom McDowell) ok but slow 2/5

Any other suggestions welcome!
Aw bless, hopefully you get there in the end .
It can be hard work in relationship if you both have different interest eg one likes all sports and other doesn't.
When first meet someone new when they say things you think part of it is to impress you or pretend to fit in with you , if you get what I mean .
So when Sam said she likes gory horrors she didn't come across as type who like horrors and thought she was just saying it because I like horrors , turns out she actually does
But she also does like Buffy etc where as I don't
Tbh she interested in seing more of the stuff I've got that she doesn't know , so technically I'm onto a win win situation here

Last edited by gag; 7th February 2018 at 10:14 PM.