View Single Post
Old 14th February 2018, 10:19 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Four of the Apocalypse (1975)

Four petty criminals (including gambler Fabio Testi and whore Lynne Frederick) travel the Utah plains in search of food and their next 'job' until they are hounded by a Mexican bandit who rapes Frederick. Testi vows to get revenge.

Lucio Fulci's western was one of those films i'd watched once, forgotten about and never returned to until last night prompted by Keirarts saying it was a great spaghetti western and one of Fulci's best.

Well for the second time i found this to be neither a great spaghetti western nor one of Fulci's best. It is in fact a great sprawling affair which at times seems to aimlessly ramble on. Tomas Milian, as the bandit, basically plays the same loon as he does in many of his poliziotteschi as Testi does his Mr. Cool act. A film which features lots of idle wanderings, even more idle chatter and random shooting of ducks...in the Utah desert.

Almost instantly forgettable, i'm struggling to type anything just a few hours later so i'll leave it there with a footnote saying that the last spaghetti western i watched was The Great Silence (1968) - this doesn't come close.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg four-of-the-apocalypse.jpg (91.4 KB, 8 views)