View Single Post
Old 14th February 2018, 11:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can't help feeling amused but sorry for the guy at same time ,

https://www.independent.ie/entertain...-36603727.html

A man bought tickets to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Belfast this weekend, only to find he was actually going to see bagpipe band Red Hot Chilli Pipers.

Duncan Robb, from Derbyshire, bought two tickets at £30 a pop to see what he thought were the American rockers for himself and his girlfriend for Christmas.

He shared the mishap on Twitter, describing it as a "nightmare".

"Still can’t believe we’ve flown over to Belfast not for the @ChiliPeppers but to see the ‘worlds best bagpipe band’ @chillipipers ... thought I’d got a rate good deal on tickets n’all. Had a nightmare"

Duncan revealed that he only discovered his mistake on Wednesday, two days before flying to Belfast ahead of the show on Saturday night.

Speaking about the experience he said it "Was a mixture between disbelief, shock and hilarity. How could I have been so stupid? Hopefully we will get to see the real Chilli Peppers some day".

However, they still went to see the show, which he described as an "experience" as they couldn't believe how many songs the band could play.

"Had flights and hotel already booked, didn’t make any sense to be over there and not at least check them out!" he told his followers
The Red Hot Chili Peppers (not to be confused with the Red Hot Chilli Pipers)
Asked what he thought of Belfast, he added, "Fantastic city! My dads from NI so I go over quite a lot. Would like to think I know it quite well now".

Other Twitter users revealed that they had made the same mistake on other occasions.