View Single Post
Old 16th February 2018, 11:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Interstellar (2014)

Earth's future has been riddled by disasters, famines, droughts and some impressive sand storms. There is only one way to ensure mankind's survival - Interstellar travel. A newly discovered wormhole in the far reaches of our solar system allows a team of astronauts to go where no man has gone before, a planet that may have the right environment to sustain human life.

Christopher Nolan's film throws idea after idea at us, (some which have already been used in Doctor Who in 2006 and also films like Contact (1997)) and throws plenty of eye catching imagery our way but following an excellent opening forty minutes the film seemed to lose it's way a little as i soon found out that in space no one can hear you yawn. Happily it does pick up again in the last hour, but my ultimate feeling upon the credits rolling and the names of the (Inter)stellar cast scrolled up the screen was that Interstellar is a well made and beautifully acted film but at almost three hours it was just too damn long.

I would like to mention Hans Zimmer's excellent score which unfolds around the one hour fifty mark into a disturbing assault on the ears akin to Suspiria and made some seen it all before scenes feel like i was watching something new and ground breaking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 86d4e84279.jpg (91.6 KB, 5 views)