View Single Post
Old 6th March 2018, 07:04 PM
Cult Master

Default Record Store Day releases

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/home/

2018 releases

The Who

"We are pleased to announce that for Record Store Day 2018 we shall be reissuing on heavyweight 180-gram vinyl the seminal 1979 original soundtrack album to the Who movie The Kids Are Alright. This year Record Store Day will be Saturday April 21.

The new reissue is an exact replica of the original album but with the two LPs pressed on red and blue coloured vinyl. Housed in the 'film can' liners and including the 20-page full colour 11.5" x 11.5" booklet with sleeve notes by Roy Carr, including his updates he made for the 2000 CD re-issue.

The two discs and booklet are packed in the original top-loading sleeve and featuring Art Kane's iconic cover shot of The Who photographed on the morning of April 5, 1968 at the Carl Schurz Monument located on 116th Street and Morningside Drive in Morningside Heights, New York City.

The full tracklist for The Kids Are Alright is:

SIDE (REEL) ONE
1. MY GENERATION The Smothers Brothers’ Comedy Hour, CBS-TV. Recorded 15 September 1967
2. I CAN’T EXPLAIN Broadcast on Shindig, ABC-TV. Recorded at Twickenham Film Studios, 3 August 1965
3. HAPPY JACK Live at Leeds University, 14 February 1970
4. I CAN SEE FOR MILES The Smothers Brothers’ Comedy Hour, CBS-TV. Recorded 15 September 1967
5. MAGIC BUS Remixed stereo version. Broadcast on Beat-Club, Erstes Deutsches Fernsehen, 12 October 1968
6. LONG LIVE ROCK Recorded at Olympic Studios, Barnes, London, 5 June 1972

SIDE (REEL) TWO
1. ANYWAY, ANYHOW, ANYWHERE Broadcast on Ready Steady Go! Rediffusion TV. Recorded 1 July 1965
2. YOUNG MAN BLUES Live at the Coliseum, London, 14 December 1969
3. MY WIFE Live at the Gaumont State Theatre, Kilburn, London, 15 December 1977
4. BABA O’RILEY Live at Shepperton Film Studios, 25 May 1978

SIDE (REEL) THREE
1. A QUICK ONE, WHILE HE’S AWAY Live at The Rolling Stones’ Rock and Roll Circus, Intertel (V.T.R. Services) Studio, Wycombe Road, Wembley, London, 11 December 1968
2. TOMMY, CAN YOU HEAR ME? Standard version. Broadcast on Beat-Club, Erstes Deutsches Fernsehen, 27 September 1969
3. SPARKS Live at the Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, New York, 17 August 1969
4. PINBALL WIZARD Live at the Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, New York, 17 August 1969
5. SEE ME, FEEL ME Live at the Woodstock Music and Arts Fair, New York, 17 August 1969

SIDE (REEL) FOUR
1. JOIN TOGETHER / ROADRUNNER / MY GENERATION BLUES Live at the Silver Dome, Pontiac, Michigan, 6 December 1975
2. WON’T GET FOOLED AGAIN Live at Shepperton Film Studios, 25 May 1978"

Pink Floyd

"To mark Record Store Day next month, Pink Floyd are releasing a Mono remaster of their debut album ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’.

Remastered from the original 1967 mono mix by James Guthrie, Joel Plante and Bernie Grundman, the limited-edition release is available on premium 12” 180-gram black vinyl, and comes paired with an exclusive poster (540 x 388mm on art paper), as well as a foil blocked outer wallet.

The card envelope, which features a psychedelic design including a gold embossed version of the graphic by Syd Barrett which also features on the reverse of the original mono LP, was created by Aubrey Powell of Hipgnosis with Peter Curzon.

Available exclusively for Record Store Day, fans can buy ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’ at select independent outlets on Saturday 21st April. Head to the official website for more info.

The album is the latest release from Pink Floyd Records, which recently celebrated global sales of over 1million vinyl LPs since it was launched in June 2016.

The only Pink Floyd record made under the late-great Syd Barrett’s leadership, ‘The Piper at the Gates of Dawn’ features two songs – ‘Astronomy Domine’ and ‘Interstellar Overdrive’ – that regularly featured on Pink Floyd’s set lists over the decades.

The record’s original artwork of Syd Barrett, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason captured through a prism lens was created by photographer Vic Singh."

Led Zeppelin

"Ahead of their 50th anniversary this September, Led Zeppelin will release unheard versions of two seminal songs for Record Store Day.

Available to buy on Saturday 21st April exclusively at independent retailers, the limited-edition 7-inch single release is produced by Jimmy Page and pressed on yellow vinyl.

It will boast an unheard “Sunset Sound Mix” of seminal anthem ‘Rock and Roll’ and it will be backed with an “Olympic Studios Mix” of ‘Friends.’

The unreleased version of ‘Rock And Roll’ provides an additional musical insight into the fabled “Sunset Sound Mixes” of Led Zeppelin IV.

Only two previous “Sunset Sound Mixes” have seen the light of day, the first being the version of ‘When The Levee Breaks’ on the original album and the second the ‘Stairway To Heaven’ mix that debuted on the 2014 deluxe edition.

The “Olympic Studios Mix” of ‘Friends’ is described as being more stripped down and devoid of the orchestration that featured on the Led Zeppelin III version."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty