View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 10:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Empty ChildIt frustrates me no end that the modern version of Who clearly has the potential to be like this, yet has chosen to spend so much of it's run being mediocre or just plain crap instead.
I suggest you take a rain check on that. There's been some decent stories written for the new series. Inparticular, The Unquiet Dead, Dalek, The Parting of the Ways, The Christmas Invasion, Tooth and Claw, School Reunion, The Girl in the Fireplace, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit, Doomsday, Gridlock, Human Nature, The Family of Blood, Blink, Planet of the Ood, Silence in the Library, Forest of the Dead, Midnight, Turn Left, Stolen Earth, Waters of Mars, The Eleventh Hour, Time of the Angels, Flesh and Stone, The Vampires of Venice, Amy's Choice, Vincent and the Doctor, The Lodger, The Pandorica Opens, The Impossible Astronaut, Day of the Moon, The Doctor's Wife, The Snowmen, The Crimson Horror, Deep Breath, Into the Dalek, Listen, Time Heist, Flatline, The Magician's Apprentice, Knock Knock, Oxygen, Empress of Mars, Twice Upon a Time

Plenty to enjoy. But Russell T. Davies and Steven Moffat both have plenty of dud stories between them + the hired writer's who were employed by Davies and Moffat throughout not-so-new Who's run. I suppose it's no different to Doctor Who back in the 1960's, 70's and 80's. I can think of plenty of Doctor Who stories that makes you wonder how they ever got commissioned in the first place.

Last edited by hivemind; 21st March 2018 at 11:15 AM.