View Single Post
Old 21st March 2018, 09:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Cornwall. The land of Cornish pasties, pixes and Straw Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Please tell me you're joking. Twice Upon a Time? A story that recasts the 1st Doctor as a sexist pig?
The phrase "utter garbage" springs to mind. Many of those were also awful, such as Time Heist (the most boring heist in the history of TV or film) and the pompous, pointless Listen. The Magician's Apprentice was complete drivel too.
Yes, there are a few good stories. Not as many as you'd think for 12 years of TV, and buried under aisles of complete horse manure.
So no, I don't think I'll be taking a raincheck, thanks.
I quite like the 1st Doctor as a sexist pig iank. Doctor Who certainly won't be the same later this year when what's her name plays the female version of Doctor Who with that ridiculous Andy Pandy costume. Doctor Who will reach new heights in PCness. When you bring back a past Doctor from the 1960's, you also bring back the character trait's that the 1st Doctor had during his tenure. That means showing up his non-PC character, which Moffat did. Though Moffat did this for a reason, and so did the PC BBC. But I did enjoy seeing David Bradley deliver his sexist lines in all the right places. Time Heist wasn't perfect by any means, but i've taken to the story a little bit more over the years. I still cannot bring myself to watch Voyage of the Damned or the absolutely awful End of Time. So what Doctor Who stories from the series past do you elevate to a standard of excellence? And what was wrong with The Magician's Apprentice? I thought it started out so well.....

Forgot. You live in Australia, so it doesn't rain cats and dogs out there. More koalas and kangaroos.

Last edited by hivemind; 21st March 2018 at 09:52 PM.