View Single Post
Old 27th March 2018, 01:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A limited subject this week i feel. Had it been about business OR money then it would have allowed for films such as Treasure of the Sierra Madre. or Mackenna's Gold. Even just with eight films i've had to flesh it out with three crime films where the business aspect is on the dubious side.
Maybe the wording wasn't ideal as The Treasure of the Sierra Mardre is amongst the films on my long list of the moment simply because it involves the pursuit of wealth and fortune.

My list also includes those 'dubious business' films, such as The Godfather & The Godfather Part II, which depicts someone building up a business (Genco Olive Oil), and then expanding it to other areas. Even in the first film, Michael's rise to power and eventually succeeding his father is down to making business decisions, even those which involve murder.

This subject could even extend to something like Brian De Palma's Scarface, which is about one man being a criminal entrepreneur! (This is a definition of entrepreneur by Oxford Living dictionaries: "a person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.") There's even this article about five lessons that businessmen can learn from the movie:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dorie...b_1148554.html