View Single Post
Old 31st March 2018, 12:14 PM
Cult Addict

Don't look in the basement.

A nurse starts work at an Asylum where the head doctor practices unorthodox therapy on his patients. Something seems off about the place as the nurse begins to uncover a dark secret about the hospital.
An ultra low budget example of the regional horror scene back when directors could sell there work to the drive in circuit. It's lingered about primarily after getting caught up in the video nasties debacle back in the early eighties. The film is relatively tame and somewhat uneventful but has something about it that keeps me watching. I'd suggest it's a similar low rent charm that can be found in the films of Andy Milligan and directors like him. Not for everyone perhaps but I like it enough that I return to it every once in a while.

Don't look in the basement 2

Directed by the son of the original director S.F Brownrigg and starring some of the original actors. The film is something of a retread of the original with supernatural overtones as a new doctor discovers history may be repeating itself.
If your not a fan of the first then avoid this. It's pretty much similar in tone and pacing but with better production values and some gore. If you did like the first then it's a decent sequel and an affectionate tribute at the same time.