View Single Post
Old 7th April 2018, 04:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
LEATHERFACE – Seemed to attract a lot of negativity from fans and critics. I really liked it though, what’s the problem? TCM, sacred cow, so what. On the other hand, the filmmakers have ‘disappointed’ everyone since ‘Inside’, which surely shouldn’t be taken as the yardstick to measure a filmography by. No, I liked it. It’s fast paced, trashy, violent – you don’t have to wait long before some bad taste moment or other flashes up onscreen, whether that be coyly rendered necrosex or free flowing gore. Does it succeed in getting to grips with the genesis of Leatherface? Well, we’re talking about a made-up entity who was never very well drawn in the first place so who knows, but dramatically, not really, but who cares? It’s just not that kid of film. It does get really disjointed in its latter half, but to me it seemed to be trying to capture something quite EC-comics like, which I appreciated. And it avoids falling into the same trap as the putrid ‘Halloween’ remake, which was so po-faced in its attempts to humanise. Go on, give it chance, it’s better than people say.
I HAVE to see this now. People get really defensive over franchises, but I'm willing to give anything a go.