View Single Post
Old 8th April 2018, 04:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

funhouse_massacre_poster.jpg

Halloween night has come and tonight a new attraction opens in town a funhouse run by the actual killers that the funhouse is based on.

This is some of the usual run of the mill bullshit with a group of teens head to the funhouse consisting of two stoners a slut the jock the nice guy and the virgin with a crush on the nice guy and a token Mexican guy just to pad it out. The acting is terrible and the characters are annoying as hell. The sex scenes are completely pointless and seemed to be only there as comic relief lots of stupid shouting out stupid one liners. Something that drives me crazy with these films is constant talk about Twitter and trending instagram hashtags and vines not sure what the last one is but I'm pretty sure its another stupid social media thing but anyway this theme continues the whole way through while filming what's going on are taking pictures on their phones. I understand how big social media is but its so forced and felt like they were trying their best to fit in as many advertisements for these outlets as possible . The deputy sheriff is another character just put in for comic relief but along the lines of a Jack Whitehall stand up as in its not F***ING FUNNY just annoying and makes me want to go on a murderous rampage.

There is a plus side to this film the gore looks really good and is all practical but they still managed to mess that up a few times with cgi sky shots Why are there so many bad films based around funhouse and theme parks when its just a great theme and setup.

3/10 just for the gore.