View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018, 06:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched a couple of films yesterday.

Hex (1980): Just released on DVD/Blu-Ray by 88 Films Asia. Not bad little story about a woman who murders her drunk, abusive husband and is then haunted by his spirit. Not bad little ghost movie. Good twist. good atmosphere. Odd comedic section in the middle that stuck out like a sore thumb. Overall, it was worth watching. 7.10

Would You Rather? (2012): Caught this on Netflix. I can never usually find anything worth watching on Netflix, but I decided to watch this. A thriller about a young woman who is looking after her dying brother when their parents die. She is given an offer by an eccentric millionaire to take part in a dinner game. If she wins EVERYTHING will be taken care of, money problems, transplant for her brother etc. I don't want to give anything away with this one. This is a thriller that is a lot of fun. Great tension, great acting (for the most part), lots of recognisable faces and a great sense of extremely dark humour, thanks to the excellent Jefferey combs. I loved this! 8/10