View Single Post
Old 15th April 2018, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
I'm not bashing star wars though. I'm just arguing they're not as good as people make out. I'm more bemused by the genuine vitriol towards the new films as if in some way they are desecrating some sacred text. Rather than just more popcorn fodder for people to bring their kids to.
Comparing them to Italian genre pictures is rather dishonest. Pretty much every fan is honest about their flaws and non of them are still being made today. Your making out Lucas was some kind of visionary master storyteller who was constructing some epic family saga. I'm just pointing out Lucas wasn't an especially great story teller and most of his best ideas came from other sources and his wife.

3 ways in which Marcia Lucas helped save Star Wars | SYFY UK
From your posts you do appear to have a negative slant on the Star Wars films.

I didn't bring up Italian films, you did, saying you preferred Star Crash.

Finally please tell me how these few words, below, as it's all i've said on the subject in this discussion, makes out old George is a master story teller.

Quote:
I can't believe that Keirarts is using elements borrowed by Lucas from other films as a stick to beat Star Wars with.

He loves Italian films and their speciality is ripping off Hollywood. He even goes as far as to say films like Star Crash are better. A rip off of a rip off.

Tell me how that works then.

No don't, not really, but it does seem a tad hypocritical.

P.S. I wish we could discuss horror and genre films with as much passion as we do Star Wars.
Unless of course you're confusing me with Hivemind.

In which case. You're banned!