View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2018, 09:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been a while fellow labbers, but i'm back in the game with One Dark Night. Never seen it before but saw it mentioned on one of the video nasties trailer collections, so got the rather unloved and unrestored 88 films copy.

Despite so much wooden acting that it makes sherwood forest look animated, i rather enjoyed this typical 'high school serority intiation in a mausoleum that of course goes wrong as shrieking 30 year olds playing teens think they're playing pranks on the initiatee, until real shenannigans occur' type of eighties film.

The type of slow burn one of those massive church candles gives you, interlaced with hokey cod science, toothbrush chewing annoyance - i was hoping she'd get it ramed down her throat, sadly not to be, and a bizarre real death of the undead by a make-up compact (don't ask me, i didn't write this shit), make this rather intriguing, if you don't mind slow burn - and i don't.

Some creepy effects, effective camera angles, and a decent synth track, added to all the typical cult stuff i've already mentioned make this a decent first watch. Pleasantly surprised. We'll see how well it holds up to multiple viewings.

3 and a 1/2 oral b's out of 5