View Single Post
Old 27th April 2018, 06:12 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
The producer knows, and it will of course be fixed in the final version.

I once only just caught a "Wood Allen" in a headline mere minutes before the final print deadline - and that had got past three people, including my initial inspection. Headlines and covers are bizarrely easy to overlook, because you instinctively assume that they must be right from the start because the text is so prominent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I find that with proof reading, I always auto-correct stuff in my head. When we do proofing in work we have to speak it out loud which always catches the wrong words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brooke View Post
The ideal scenario is not to proof your own stuff, but that's not always possible. I'm constantly "seeing" what I meant to write rather than what's actually on the page.
I've always had other people proof read my assignments because I do the "mental AutoCorrect" when reading my own work because I can't see the obvious mistakes. It's one of those situations where you can't see the wood for the trees. I know someone who wrote an assignment with a reference to "slang phrases" only they'd written it as "slag phrases", something the tutor noticed! It's amazing what mistakes you can overlook in your own work.