View Single Post
Old 30th April 2018, 02:18 AM
Cult Addict

3 cases of murder.

220px-Three_Cases_of_Murder_VideoCover.jpeg

This turned up on the Talking pictures channel,on that so last century invention called a TV station a few days ago.

I like setting my TV to this channel when nothing is grabbing my attention, just to revel in that warm comforting glow of pure nostalgia that emits from Black and white films warming up that old cathode ray tube. ( i can still dream)

Occasionally something will turn up that is worth watching. And there is a whole heap of obscure stuff filling out the schedule therein.

Anyways.

This i had never heard of but it is basically a portmanteau film revolving around murder.

I thought i'd give this a once over to pass some time.

This is a worthwhile film, the three stories are all interesting and well acted but i just expected a basic murder/ crime showpiece.

I have to say the first story in this film was excellent, a surprisingly macabre tale that reminded me of the best of Twilight Zone, in the story we are in a art gallery, a character emerges from a painting attempting to entice onlookers to venture into the painting with them. Back in the painting they meet the sinister characters who live within the canvas.

I absolutely loved this story, so much so the rest of the film was slightly disappointing.

The second story was a straightforward murder story, it had a twist but was nothing special.

The third story features Orson welles as a politician who belittles an opponent in parliament and finds his dreams thereafter invaded by the opposition, slowly making him question his sanity.

The whole film i found enjoyable, but i must say that the first story i thought superb and the main reason to recommend this film if you can catch it.

8/10

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.