View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 11:01 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pigs 1972 (also titled Daddy's Deadly Darling, The 13th Pig, Horror Farm, Daddy's Girl, The Strange Exorcism of Lynn Hart, The Strange Love Exorcist and Roadside Torture Chamber)

Directed by character actor Marc Lawrence it stars he and his daughter Toni Lawrence as a woman, Lynne, who has escaped from an insane asylum (where she was committed to after murdering her father who tried to rape her). She gets a job at a diner owned by Zambrini (played by her aforementioned father) who also has a habit of feeding corpses to his pigs.

Lynne ends up murdering people who remind her of her father while Zambrini tries covering up for her by disposing of her victims in his usual way.

This film took me by surprise. This was distributed by Troma and despite being very low budget, has almost none of the Troma tropes. No wacky humour etc. The acting was very good, It was always interesting and Lynne is as batshit insane as they come. It might be far too slow for some people, but I really enjoyed this. 8/10